The cost of drug rehab can be a significant barrier to getting treatment for substance use disorder. Health insurance coverage makes quality drug abuse treatment services more affordable. If you have Blue Cross Blue Shield, you might wonder if your plan allows you to receive treatment for drug abuse at Ranch Creek Recovery. Let’s explore which treatments Blue Cross Blue Shield covers for drug rehab.
About Blue Cross Blue Shield
Blue Cross Blue Shield is an association composed of 35 independent health insurance companies operating across the United States and its territories. The companies under the Blue Cross trademark have provided health insurance coverage to Americans since 1929.
California residents, including those in Murrieta and Temecula, can receive insurance coverage from two licensed Blue Cross Blue Shield companies: Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield of California.
Blue Cross Blue Shield companies cover substance abuse treatment under the Affordable Care Act and the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans
Blue Cross Blue Shield offers multiple tiers of health insurance coverage. The plan or tier you’re on determines the treatment options you can benefit from. Depending on your plan, you may have to pay a certain deductible or co-pay to receive treatment at a certified substance abuse treatment facility.
- Bronze plans: Blue Cross Blue Shield bronze plans will cover up to 60% of costs for health care services, which means you’ll have to pay high deductibles before the coverage kicks in.
- Silver plans: The insurer can pay up to 70% of health care costs, reducing the deductible you have to pay to receive care. However, the monthly premiums on Silver plans are higher than those in previous plans.
- Gold plans: Gold plans can cover up to 80% of the cost of medical services, reducing the number of deductibles and co-pays you have to pay to receive care.
- Platinum plans: Platinum plans cover up to 90% of costs for health care services, resulting in high monthly premiums but very low deductibles.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Drug Rehab Programs
The plans included in a Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug rehab can help you receive these services from Ranch Creek Recovery:
- Detox: Ranch Creek Recovery offers a subacute detox program in Murrieta, California. The program provides medical supervision as you undergo drug detoxification. We also offer medication to battle intense withdrawal symptoms from opioids and other drugs.
- Residential treatment: Your Blue Cross Blue Shield plan can cover inpatient or residential treatment at our luxury six-person facility in California. You’ll undergo various holistic therapies to deal with substance abuse, including cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy and equine, yoga and sound therapy.
- Outpatient treatment: Our intensive outpatient program, offered in Temecula, California, allows you to benefit from traditional and alternative substance abuse therapies three times weekly.
How to Verify Your Coverage From Blue Cross Blue Shield for Drug Rehab
Ranch Creek Recovery has worked closely with Anthem Blue Cross for years to offer quality, high-end rehab services to the insurance provider’s clients. We serve people from all over California, including Murrieta, Temecula, Los Angeles, San Diego, Carlsbad and San Francisco.
If Blue Cross Blue Shield insures you, verify your insurance coverage to see which of our treatments you’re entitled to. You can also call us at (877) 997-8931 to learn more about the cost of our substance abuse therapies from the admissions team.